Desert Bloom is a non-profit organization based in Jordan dedicated to unleashing people’s potential to contribute to world’s peace and sustainability. We reinforce global competencies and universal morality to prepare people for an inclusive and sustainable world. We develop community and youth capacity to enable people to take greater control of their own lives and to actively engage in confronting economic, political, social and environmental challenges.
The history of Desert Bloom goes back to around the end of the second millennium, when a group of vibrant youth established the “Self-Improvement & Community Service” initiative at the University of Jordan Alumni Club in February 2000. The initiative aimed at enhancing graduates’ skills for employability by bridging the gap between education and the labour market.
The repercussions of world Trade Centre tragedy in 2001 incited the group to confront the growing hatred and misunderstanding between Western and Arab worlds. Hence, they decided to go global and established “Quested Peace Initiative” in February 2003 with a mandate to build bridges of understanding and trust between the West and the Middle East at grassroots levels. In 2004, Quested Peace joined the global peace-building NGO, United Religions Initiative (URI), and in July, 2018, Quested Peace changed its name to Desert Bloom and the name was officially registered as a non-profit organization in Jordan.
– Name of Organization: Desert Bloom for Training & Sustainable Development
– Address: Zamzam Commercial Complex, Al Baraka, Tela Al-Ali, Ar-Raafah Street, Amman 11194 Jordan
– Web Site : www.dbjo.org
– Social Media Address: https://www.facebook.com/
– E-mail Address: [email protected]
– Contact Person: Mamoun Khreisat, Founder & President
– Contact Person’s e-mail Address: [email protected]
– Working Areas
Experiential Learning (non-formal and informal learning)
Professional development exchange programs:
- Work & Travel USA ( providing summer jobs for students to work in the USA)
- Cross-border paid internship programs
Intercultural and peace-building programs
- Erasmus Plus and Anna Lindh Foundation projects
- Interfaith & peace-building conferences and camps
Youth Camps (local, regional and international voluntary work camps)
Volunteering – hosting and sending short/ long-term volunteers
- European Solidarity Corp (formally EVS)
- University/ Municipality volunteers, internships and traineeships
Preventing Violent Radicalization and extremism
Community service & humanitarian assistance: improving people’s livelihood, including refugees and displaced people